Office cleaners

For entries on the front page of the site

Moderator: Gamma

Michael
Vince Vaughn

Office cleaners

Post by Michael » March 3rd, 2008, 4:59 pm

Office cleaners.

I have a guy that comes in to my office every day at 5.30 with a backpack vacuum cleaner and a feather duster. He walks in, touches (not dusts, touches) the two nearest surfaces to the door, then walks out again. Then he comes back with the vacuum cleaner on a bit later on and gives a good single thrust along the carpet, right down the middle. My office is about 3m x 5m.

I'm not really blaming the guy. He knows he's underpaid. I know he's underpaid. We both don't really mind. How dirty does an office with closed windows and air conditioning get, anyway?

But I have to wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to just do my office once a week, with five times as much enthusiasm. That would get about 10 surfaces touched, and five big vacuum thrusts along the carpet. That's almost a proper cleaning job right there, and the poor guy could go and get another low paying job for the other 4 days of the week.

unfnknblvbl
Lifetime Bitter Member

Post by unfnknblvbl » March 3rd, 2008, 10:17 pm

My office cleaner is brilliant... except that I work in a call centre, and vacuum cleaners aren't generally the best things to have going in them... :?

Reka

Post by Reka » May 27th, 2008, 11:01 pm

Get a hole punch and go wild on several bits of A4 paper. Then sprinkle the punched out bits all over the floor of your office.

I guarantee you that he'll do a proper job of the vaccuuming that evening.

nadnerb
Lifetime Bitter Member

Post by nadnerb » May 28th, 2008, 4:30 am

That's no guarantee!
When I used to clean an office I remember picking up hole punch bits* instead of hoovering on many occasions! Beats lugging a hoover up several flights of stairs!

* they have a proper name which someone told me it the other day, but I've forgotten already!

mkstvns
Defective sex detective

Post by mkstvns » May 28th, 2008, 8:01 am

I always feel awkward when the cleaners come in. I get these ideas in my head that the cleaner thinks that I think I'm better than him, so I always try to be super polite. And then I worry that I look like I'm condescending or something.

Fucker probably makes more money than me anyway!

mkstvns
Defective sex detective

Post by mkstvns » May 28th, 2008, 8:01 am

Man... I hope he's not reading 4BG...

Peppermint Lounge
Deftly Savvy

Post by Peppermint Lounge » August 5th, 2008, 3:52 pm

At my previous job the cleaners cleaned the toilets in the middle of the afternoon. I grew to despise this wretched cock of a woman who seemingly knew when I was coming for a piss everytime before blocking the door with her flimsy 'caution cleaning' sign. There is nothing so frustratingly redundant as a trip to the toilet then having to walk back having not gone to the toilet.