Luther burgers

For entries on the front page of the site

Moderator: Gamma

Tim
Curmudgeonly Gilmore

Luther burgers

Post by Tim » June 30th, 2007, 6:15 pm

All week I was hyped up to take part in a visit to In-N-Out. This wasn't a run of the mill "animal fries" and animal style double-double visit. Oh no, that was the healthy option.

Instead I was invited out for Luther burgers.

Unfortunately (?) I was busy in a meeting with Google at the time, so I missed out on this delicacy. Apparently both of the engineers who went without me had two burgers each (we have a Krispy Kreme opposite our In-N-Out. They got the burgers "protein style" so they were wrapped in the lettuce instead of a bun). Here are some pictures to whet your appetite.

And one last one here for the gourmets.

Just as a side note - I worked out the fat and kiljoules per burger today and you're looking at ~ 5000kj and 50g of fat per burger at a minimum. These guys had 2 each. And I'm wondering how I put on 7kg since coming to the US?

Stu
Lifetime Bitter Member

Post by Stu » July 2nd, 2007, 12:16 am

my god, I feel ill looking at it

Tim
Curmudgeonly Gilmore

Post by Tim » July 2nd, 2007, 1:47 pm

I had a regular cheeseburger, well-done fries, and a shake from In-N-Out today. I made the mistake of looking up the nutritional information later. 37g fat and 2800kj in the shake alone. I had about 95g of fat and 7000kj.

ffs.

Kirsty
Bitter Girl

Post by Kirsty » July 2nd, 2007, 6:15 pm

I went to In-N-Out once.

Once was enough.

What the fuss is all about, it way beyond me. There was absolutely nothing that stood out about it - other than how not excellent it was. I'd almost rather eat at White Castle and that shit makes me vomit.

Shaneus
Lifetime Bitter Member

Post by Shaneus » July 2nd, 2007, 7:40 pm

Tim wrote:I had a regular cheeseburger, well-done fries, and a shake from In-N-Out today. I made the mistake of looking up the nutritional information later. 37g fat and 2800kj in the shake alone. I had about 95g of fat and 7000kj.

ffs.
Wow... no wonder (gross generalistation ahead) the US as a population are so huge. Tim, are there many "healthy" alternative fast-food places over there (a la Sumo Salad)?

Stu
Lifetime Bitter Member

Post by Stu » July 2nd, 2007, 9:08 pm

I found it bloody hard to find a healthy alternative when I was there in 2002, I was limited to major cities though, did find a couple of little organic cafes and such in the burbs in obscure places. Oh and San Francisco had some healthy choices. But for the main it was greasy burgers and Tacos on mass :(

Tim
Curmudgeonly Gilmore

Post by Tim » July 3rd, 2007, 6:18 am

Shaneus: Not really, McDonald's healthy choice menu maybe? Subway and Togo's is about it.

Ches
Site Admin

Post by Ches » July 3rd, 2007, 11:01 am

Holy shit. That's sickening.

Go the Sam Adams though :)